Table of Contents
Writing any assignment involves a lot of work. Analyzing the question, gathering information, creating an outline, editing… How to write assignments for master’s degree? How to write assignments for bachelor’s degree? How to write a powerful introduction in an assignment? Where can I find introduction to an assignment example? Don’t panic! In our article we will try to answer all these questions.
How to write an assignment
There are many different types of assignments, such as literature review, case study, research essay, lab report etc. Each of them has its own structure and features. For example, a literature review consists of introduction, body and concussion written without headings, while a lab report includes introduction, methods, results and discussion. However, it doesn’t matter what assignment you got, as all of them have one similar part and it’s Introduction.
How to start an assignment
There is a big difference between “How to write an assignment” and “How to write a good assignment”. A good assignment requires a lot of research and work beforehand. Before anyone starts the writing process, some preparation should be done.
- Make sure you understand the assignment so will have no problems to meet all the requirements.
- Write a good plan outlining the pinpoints of your assignment, so while writing the paper they will not be missed.
- Conduct in-depth research making good use of the online as well as offline resources as well as make sure that no information is plagiarized.
- Try and break up your time, so you will not be late with the deadline and will have enough time for proofreading and editing.
- Plan each paragraph keeping in mind the main idea.
- Make sure that there is no irrelevant information.
- While writing pay attention to the language as it can’t contain any clichés or jargons.
- After you finish reread your assignment and make sure you answered the main question. Besides, proofread and edit the paper, making sure to correct all the mistakes and typos as well as exclude any unnecessary information.
How to write an assignment introduction
Does that sound familiar to you: You have a paper to write but have no idea how to start an assignment? Many students underestimate the importance of the introduction, as it is believed that the most important part is the body of the paper, however this opinion is wrongful.
Example of assignment introduction
There are many websites that provide information on how to write the assignment or provide various samples of introduction for assignment without any explanations on the rules of writing. We decided to show on the literature introduction of assignment example how it can be started. When you check online example of introduction in assignment or introduction for an assignment sample, you can see that primarily all of them have the following parts:
- First of all, while writing an introduction for an assignment make sure that you start with an opening statement or so called “hook” to attract the reader’s attention. However make sure that it’s not too long and boring, as readers might loose the focus.
- After you got reader’s attention go straight to supporting sentences that connect opening statement to your thesis. Go straight to the point, without waffling.
- When your ideas are introduced, state the plan and the main aim of your assignment in a thesis statement.
To make you understand better, let’s have a look at the introduction for an assignment sample.
|Have you ever read a book or watched a movie where people could communicate with animals on their language? A lot of people dream of having such skill in real life. Imagine you could talk to your pets like to equals and understand everything they are telling you. Can even this be possible? Scientists who conduct language acquisition studies among chimpanzees and gorillas suggest that everything is possible.
As we see the opening statement in the example is presented with the question, however you can also “grab” reader’s attention with:
- Quotation: “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
- Statistics: According to the APPA in 2017-2018 around 68% of the USA households own a pet.
Supporting statement can be written in any way, BUT the main purpose of it is to lead a reader to the main idea of your paper.
Thesis statement like an opening statement can be presented in different ways. However, you have to remember that:
- it sets the tone of the paper (for example in master’s assignment example it will be more formal than in literary essay);
- introduces the ideas of your assignment;
- tells the readers the topic of your assignment.
All in all, the structure of every assignment is very important. Do you know why?
- Every part has its own purpose.
- It helps to understand the logic and see how the question or the problem is solved.
Any assignment has 3 main parts like Introduction, The main body and Conclusion. Of course, based of the subject and the type of the assignment there can be additional parts. So, “How do I write an assignment?” you might ask. So let’s discuss each part separately.
- Introduction. Many students are confused about how to start a writing assignment. Before writing ask yourself “What is my assignment?” as there is a big difference between writing an essay and a lab report. Besides, make sure that you understand your objectives. Plan your paper carefully; make sure that it is logical with only relevant information. You might start your paper with the general information about the main question. As an example of an assignment introduction where the topic is “Would robots replace teachers in future?” can be used information about modernization in the world that after should be connected with the main problems that are raised in the paper. Remember that writing an assignment introduction will lay the pathway to the main body!
- When you check any essay assignment example or literature review example online, you will notice that the main body normally has 3 to 5 paragraphs that are connected to the outline and answer the question that was raised in the Introduction.
- Any assignment should have a logical ending that is why Conclusion is a part that can’t be missed. One of the main purposes of conclusion is to sum up all the information mentioned in the main body without adding any new facts. Make sure to end your paper with a comment or suggestion for the problem that can be researched in the future.
We hope that when you ask yourself the question “How to make an assignment?” you have clear understanding what parts should be mentioned, what are their purposes and most of all ho to write a powerful introduction.
However, if you still have questions about how to write an assignment in English or How to make an assignment unique follow our blog for more useful information.