Get professionally done literature review from the best experts at UWriterPro!
It is not so easy to write a high-quality literature review. It is not enough to list several authors and limit yourself to the phrase - good / bad. The depth and importance of the study depends on how the sources are worked out. This work can take a lot of time.
Literature review is considered an essential part of any scientific research. This is a section (or separate paper) that contains all the important information required for scientific work. The review contains:
- drawing parallels between different studies;
- description of distinctive and similar features;
- reflection of the student's subjective position from the point of view contained in the sources;
- emphasizing the importance of the paper' topic;
- reflection of whether the issue has been studied from all sides, and what are the gaps in the theory.
Sometimes, students, due to a lack of experience, identify literature review with a critique. The main difference is that the critique does not analyze the comparison with other similar studies on the topic, while literature review writing does not imply specific description of the books or articles and a ‘list’ of emotions from what is read.
The main purpose of the literature review is to describe what work has already been carried out on the selected topic, how much or little has been done, and also how important it is for the student to participate in considering the topic further.
Practice shows that one of the following procedures for writing a literature review is the best fit (which one - you need to decide according to the situation):
- Using a logical approach, the author writes subsections of literature review describing the objects of research, characterizes the relationship with various aspects and segments of science and practice, and describes the significance for society.
- Using a chronological approach, the author presents the materials in historical sequence, describes turning points, and reveals contribution to the overall concept.
A good literature review is characterized by an analytical rather than an abstract presentation. That is, it is important to describe not only the works themselves and their authors, but to link such literature to their own research. Such a connection should help to identify problem areas, to reveal the objectives of the study.
Remember, with UWiterPro, you can have a literature review as quickly as possible, like any other paper. We are your reliable assistants, executors, partners and consultants. We will gladly prepare for you a literature review on any discipline and topic!